Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy

Hello everyone!
Hope you all are doing fantabulously ;) Yes, that is indeed a word! I’m happy to say that I’ve been pretty happy lately. There have been a lot of changes occurring on the music side of things for me and I’d like to explain a little bit about what I’ve been up to.
I recently made some band member changes. A lot of people were very upset about this. I was too. It was a very difficult thing for me because I am a very loyal person. At the same time, I also wanted to do some experimenting with some new instrumentation. Musical soul-searching if you will ;) I had been playing with the guys for pretty much my entire music career and was really curious about what it would SOUND like to play with different players and different instruments. So I have been.
I have been playing around with some horns and a new bass player. We have been rehearsing and played a gig in Chicago recently that went over quite well. Actually, several people came up afterwards and commented that they really enjoyed the new additions. It a very weird feeling playing a show with different players, so you can imagine the relief I felt when I got some positive feedback from some hardcore fans! Whew!
Anyway…. I have been adding some dates and will have some shows coming up with new players, as well as with my original crew ;) Hopefully you guys can come check it out for yourself and let me know what ya think!!! And please, if you ever have questions about the music, don’t hesitate! Hope everyone has an excellent week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment