Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nashville Musical Scenery

Musical scenery…



The trip down to Nashville was extremely successful and extremely frickin’ fantastic in general!

I ended up having some really solid writing sessions with the people I got together with. The line-up included Greg Barnhill, Megan McCormick, Angela Lauer, and Hunter Davis and Chris Faulk (that was a three-way co-write). I can’t even begin to explain how awesome it was to see the directions each session went. Each person had a very unique style and the blending was cool as hell.

It was kind of like blind dating… lol. Seriously though. I mean, you go into these things with no idea what’s going to come out of it. It could have been a complete wash, or a gold mine J Good thing for me, it was the latter! In a couple of the sessions we would got two full songs written and completed. And in all of them there was a solid start to something that will be finished down the road. I have so many side projects now with these songs I don’t know what to do with myself!

Honestly, it would have been fine if nothing had come out of it. It was just cool to check out the writing scene down there. In Chicago, there isn’t a whole lot of that going on (not that I’m aware of anyways.) I have never come across anyone in Chicago that wanted to just sit around and write songs together… Maybe I’m just not talking to the right people or something! It’s very interesting though, to see the different musical scenery in different towns. They do a lot of co-writing in Nashville… I mean A LOT!!! I thoroughly look forward to going down again. It was truly an inspirational trip…. Fa sho.

I’ll be posting some of the stuff I wrote down there to the myspace this week and next week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment